Job Reference: GBH-VOL-007440
Location: Gateshead - Baltic House
Closing Date: 31/08/2020
Salary: up to £18137.60
Employment Type: Permanent
Hours Per week: 40
Shifts: Full flexibility is required Monday – Friday, between 8am – 10pm, and 10am -6pm on weekends.
Probity: DBS Check, cost covered by employer.
Who are we? We are the voice of our clients.
We are a global outsourcing customer management company with over 300,000 colleagues around the world in over 80 countries. Here in the UK, we have 19 sites, and over 7000 staff.
We have a reputation for hard work, outstanding results, and for simply being “a great place to work”. What’s not to love!
What do we do? We provide fantastic service and great careers.
We interact with customers on behalf of our clients, helping to solve their queries. We make it our mission to look after customers in the way they need. We offer a multi-channel approach, meaning we support in various ways, such as telephone, email and web chat, through to white mail and social media interactions. We invest in our teams and provide some fantastic opportunities for progression. If you want to develop yourself and expand your career, our award winning training programmes and exceptional training teams are on hand to help to make this happen.
Who will I represent? Philip Morris International Inc. – A Swiss-domiciled multinational cigarette and tobacco manufacturing company, with a difference. Far more than a leading cigarette company, PMI are building a future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking. Thanks to the imagination and perseverance of thousands of people at PMI, they have developed breakthrough products that are smoke-free enjoyable, and one day will replace cigarettes.
What will I do?
Teleperformance are now in the privileged position of supporting this exciting journey, and are looking to increase our team of Customer Support Advisors to provide support to customers who are transitioning from the traditional method of smoking to an alternative. In this role you will interact with Philip Morris customers in a multi-channel environment, supporting queries, answering questions and providing essential support and coaching via inbound and outgoing calls, web chat, social media and email.
What does an average day look like? Now there’s a Great question!
- A typical day will see you working in a lively & vibrant environment.
- You will start your day signing into your systems, making sure you are prepared and ready for the day ahead.
- You will engage with a range of customers, with varying product knowledge and support them with their queries.
- With various methods of communication available, you will support in a number of ways, such as telephone, web chat, email, and social media interactions.
- This could range from basic issues, such as a general enquiry, ordering products and setting up devices, through to more complex queries such as creating on line accounts, replacing parts, heat related questions to name a few.
- You will be responsible for trouble shooting, and resolving first time where possible.
- Some days could be quieter with rest periods between calls, and other days could be busy with everyone wanting your support at once.
- With an hour of rest time (made up of 30 minutes for lunch and 2 x 15 minute breaks) you will always have time to catch up with friends, get something to eat in the town centre, or perhaps grab some fresh air and go for a walk.
What do we need from you?
A “passion” for people, with the ability to see beneath the surface, treating everyone with respect and professionalism at all times.
An “empathetic” approach, with the ability to identify and share the feelings of others.
A “want” to deliver a value-added service with the highest regards for quality, to maintain life-long, valuable relationships with our customers, at every interaction.
A “can do” attitude that sees you striving for results, achieving positive outcomes at every possible opportunity, in an environment where Each Interaction Matters.
What else do we need from you?
A good attitude and the ability to interact with lots of different people. Confidence to hold great conversations using varying methods of communication, in a professional capacity. Resilience, and a dedicated approach to providing service excellence in a fast paced, target driven environment. Flexibility, great attendance and good time keeping to make sure you are available for our customers at the right times.
What will we give you? Well there’s plenty, where do we start?
- 2 Week’s Classroom based training (paid of course) and a further week in a dedicated area on the call floor that we call “Nesting”. This is where the action happens, and where you take your first live calls. This is also where the nerves kick in and mistakes may happen, but don’t worry, we expect that. We make it our responsibility to look after you with full support from experienced members of the team on hand to help.
- The chance to showcase your skills and fast track your career through our internal progression path.
Anything else that we have to offer? We have an amazing benefits package tailored to meet the varied needs and preferences of our diverse employees – here is a selection of what is available:
- 28 days holiday, increasing to 30 days following your 1-year service anniversary
- Free access to our Lifestyle Benefits programme – featuring discounts, special offers and exclusive employee deals from many retailer partners
- Free access to our Employee Assistance programme – 24/7/365
- Free access to our Zest Interactive Health & Wellbeing Hub
- Life Assurance Cover
- Pension Scheme
- Sports & Social Clubs
- Length of Service rewards
- Career Path Development
- Refer & Earn Scheme – earn up to £900 for referring a friend to work for TP! And £300 for your friend too!
Where do you sign up? Right here!
- Call and chat to one of the telephone team in Gateshead, who will answer your questions, book a telephone interview, and check out your skills. 0800 100 180